Where will D sit in the web service space?

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 18 09:35:35 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 18 July 2015 at 15:14:05 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 July 2015 at 14:13:49 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Saturday, 18 July 2015 at 14:07:30 UTC, Etienne Cimon wrote:
>>> StackOverflow is an excellent resource, I've had trouble
>>> finding answers on it for D though because the D.learn forums
>>> contain all the Q&A. I wish we could mirror those on stack
>>> overflow or even channel it there instead. We're stuck in the
>>> 90's using NNTP+forums.
>>
>> We could encourage people to ask again on SO. Or we could ask
>> our own things and answer it again as archive. (I sometimes
>> consider doing that actually, I'm just lazy.)
>
> What I dislike about C++ is that the answers I find on SO
> sometimes are out-of-date and applies to C++98, meaning there
> might be better solutions for C++14.
>
> So reaching stability before focusing on SO is rather important
> IMO.

Bjarne shares your feelings, although he already came to realise
you can only change mentalities via new generations. Hence why he
always makes sure his students get to modern C++, before seeing C
code compiled with a C++ compiler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egL4y_VpYg