Where will D sit in the web service space?

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 18 09:42:04 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 18 July 2015 at 14:07:30 UTC, Etienne Cimon wrote:
> [..]
>
> We're done with desktop UI. The problem domain has shifted with
> SPA (single page applications) revolution on the web and
> angularjs.

Only for CRUD applications, anything serious is only playing
catchup with native OS features.

Thankfully mobiles are putting the web into its place.

And yes, I do web development gigs  as well and feel the pain of
the web in 2015 still playing catchup with desktop development
practices of the 90's.

My last customers were all doing native desktop applications for
data visualization.

--
Paulo