Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 20 10:11:37 PDT 2015

On Monday, 20 July 2015 at 16:26:36 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Monday, 20 July 2015 at 15:33:17 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
>> The ones against a name are vocal in the thread, the ones who
>> don't mind it or like it tend to not be as vocal. The thread
>> is not a good representation of what people like.
>
> Neither is a superficial popularity contest a suitable
> indicator for good language design.

Didn't really claim that, just wanted to point out why the most
popular names might not be obvious from the thread. I didn't mean
to imply that the most popular = the best.

> For example, there are substantial concerns regarding the
> teachability of names ending in "Tuple". While these are (by
> necessity) only bcked by anecdotal evidence, several people
> made these observations when helping beginners. It would be
> foolish to ignore the experience we gained from the past in
> favor of an impromptu straw poll.
>
>  — David

It's already been pointed out that there is no obvious good name,
just less bad names. While the most popular name has problems, so
do all the others. At least we know now what is the most popular
and Walter and Andrei can take that into account, and hopefully
make deciding the best name a bit easier.

All arguments have been repeated... Just let Walter and Andrei
decide and end this...