dmd 2.068, 2.069, 2.0xx Evil Plan going forward

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 20 14:38:33 PDT 2015

On Monday, 20 July 2015 at 21:24:59 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Monday, 20 July 2015 at 04:02:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> 2.101+ -
>
> This sounds like workload for the rest of the year.
> Are you sure that the CTFE interpreter and compilation speed
> are the 2 most important issues?
> They are definitely very high priority, but I'd also like us to
> address all the import (313+314) and protection issues (DIP22)
> this year.

What's the hold up on those anyway? I thought that Kenji had a PR
that sorted them out. In fact, I thought that someone at dconf
said something about those changes being merged in already
(though maybe I'm misremembering). I take it that there were
outstanding issues with the PR that have made it so that it
hasn't gotten in yet? Or maybe it only fixed some of the issues?

Regardless, it's a serious issue, particularly in light of how
easy it is to break existing code with unrelated changes thanks
to how private is dealt with currently.

- Jonathan M Davis