dmd 2.068, 2.069, 2.0xx Evil Plan going forward

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 20 14:49:00 PDT 2015

On Monday, 20 July 2015 at 21:38:35 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> What's the hold up on those anyway? I thought that Kenji had a
> PR that sorted them out. In fact, I thought that someone at
> dconf said something about those changes being merged in
> already (though maybe I'm misremembering). I take it that there
> were outstanding issues with the PR that have made it so that
> it hasn't gotten in yet? Or maybe it only fixed some of the
> issues?

We have a PR from Kenji, that fixes 313+314.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3407

It's a major change of the import system, so it needs a thorough
review and we also need to mitigate the code breakage impact of
this change.

> Regardless, it's a serious issue, particularly in light of how
> easy it is to break existing code with unrelated changes thanks
> to how private is dealt with currently.

Those 2 issues have nothing to do with visibility of imported
private symbols. There is DIP22 and a few outstanding protection
checks.