DMD 2.68's promised C++ interface

Elie Morisse via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 20 16:27:19 PDT 2015

On Monday, 20 July 2015 at 16:06:43 UTC, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> I really really want to interface to Qt 5 and am groping in the
> dark here as to what to do with c'tors, inheritance, &c &c...

Maybe not the original meaning of the promise but:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/xzjsdsuskarkllhmwhfw@forum.dlang.org

Despite the lack of update it has kept progressing and I'm within
an inch or two of breaking the silence and making a new
announcement. It's pretty close to usability with C++ libraries
of any complexity.

The approach is not the official one though, and ties yourself to
LDC until probably a very long time. (Calypso was helped by the
code cleanness of Clang, does GCC offer things like template
instantiation or vtable manipulation by an outsider without
having to alter too much the code of GCC? and a DMD version would
probably be multiple orders of magnitude harder to do)