Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

Daniel N via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 21 01:13:45 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 at 08:00:40 UTC, Daniel N wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 at 06:49:10 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> Come on, all people that got into this know how newcomer react
>> to the Tuple name noticed the same reaction.
>
> No, that highly depends on the background of the newcomer,
> everyone I introduced D to , only found it confusing that it
> was named Type*.
>
> Type* = A construct that powerful it can contain Type:s as well?
>
> Whereas the intuitive meaning would be:
>
> Type* = A construct that is limited to Type:s only.
>
> Before this thread I didn't realize newcomers found the Tuple
> part confusing, I know that's the case now, but after viewing
> the poll, it seems to be a minority. But then again, how many
> newcomers would find Seq confusing, we will never know.

PS Ask yourself, how many of the new proposals contains *Type* ?
Anyone was free to add such a proposal.

Even with our collective imagination, which spawned creative
names such as OmniSplat?! Still exactly 0 of the new alternatives
contained 'Type'. I ask again, which part of the name TypeTuple
was bad?