DUB RC 0.9.24-rc.1 ready for testing

extrawurst via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 21 06:25:52 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 at 13:17:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 7/21/15 3:00 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Probably I need to better explain why I think we should try
> that.
>
> [...]

I can agree with the idea behind it, I am just apposed adding the
package to the actual download bundle because of it would
decouple it from an ecosystem that we want to encourage D users
to use: dub

Bundling dub with dmd IMO will be a major thing helping people
benefit from all the awesome work that went into all the great
libs and applications in there.

Maybe we can go by an installer option that automatically creates
a vibe.d example project and lunching it (while using dub for
that all the way).