Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 21 11:11:39 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 05:55:41PM +0000, Zoadian via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 at 16:54:54 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 04:06:11PM +0000, Zoadian via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> >>i get that TypeTuple is confusing as it is not _limited_ to types,
> >>but why is it not a tuple?
> >
> >Because, among other things, it auto-expands.

> I agree that auto-expansion is a bit unexpected (documentation does
> not even mention it...). But by that logic it's not a 'Sequence',
> 'List' or 'Pack' either.
>
> Can't we just call it Unpack!() then?
[...]

This, and other similar proposals, have been already all been considered
in the past.  The conclusion was, and still is, that *none* of these
names are perfectly satisfactory. Prolonging this thread with new
proposals (that are actually just rehashes of long-dead proposals) isn't
getting us anywhere.

This is all missing the point, though, which is that we're wasting time
arguing over a miserable little identifier, when there are far more
important things we need to be working on right now. I wish we would
just call it Zxkuqyb and let it rest already.

For every argument for something, there is always an equal and opposite argument against it. Debates don't give answers, only wounded or inflated egos.