Where will D sit in the web service space?

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 24 09:57:03 PDT 2015

On Friday, 24 July 2015 at 14:50:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
>> ART.  Of course Metal isn't general-purpose, nobody said it
>> is, but I don't see why you'd say Swift isn't.
>
> Swift is clearly designed around Objective-C and Cocoa.

Oh, and I didn't respond to this because I didn't even know what
you meant, think I got it now.  You're now saying Swift isn't
general-purpose simply because it's initially designed around
Apple's Cocoa OS APIs?  Being tied to a single platform doesn't
make a language any less general-purpose, and since they
announced that they're open-sourcing Swift later this year, it
will be ported to other platforms, just as Obj-C has.