Rant after trying Rust a bit

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 24 12:10:33 PDT 2015

On 7/24/2015 11:42 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I don't see the difference compared to a regular parameter. If you don't specify
> any constraints/traits/whatever it like using "Object" for all your parameter
> types in Java.

So constraints then will be an all-or-nothing proposition? I believe that would
make them essentially useless.

I suspect I am not getting across the essential point. If I have a call tree,
and at the bottom I add a call to interface X, then I have to add a constraint
that additionally specifies X on each function up the call tree to the root.
That is antiethical to writing generic code, and will prove to be more of a
nuisance than an asset.

Exactly what sunk Exception Specifications.