Named parameters

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 24 12:45:52 PDT 2015

On Friday, 24 July 2015 at 14:15:11 UTC, Shammah Chancellor wrote:
> Since D has optional arguments -- why don't we support named
> parameters?  There are extremely handy and work beautifully in
> languages like C#.

We've argued about this several times in the past. We're not
adding them. They interact badly with overloading (especially if
you try and add more overloads later), and they make it so that
the parameter names are part of the API, which means even more
bikeshedding and arguments about naming.

- Jonathan M Davis