Rant after trying Rust a bit

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 24 20:12:00 PDT 2015

> I confess that I've always thought that QueryInterface was a _horrible_ idea,

Specifying every interface that a type must support at the top of the hierarchy
is worse. Once again, Exception Specifications.

I suspect that 3 or 4 years after concepts and traits go into wide use, there's
going to be a quiet backlash against them. Where, once again, they'll be
implementing D's semantics. Heck, C++17 could just as well be renamed C++D :-)
given all the D senabtucs they're quietly adopting.