D Web Services Application Potential?

Brandon Ragland via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 25 15:47:58 PDT 2015

Hi All,

Not entirely certain if there is a decent D web applications
server implementation as of yet, but if there is a project going
on, I'd love to have a gander.

On the off-chance there isn't one, who would be interested in
going at it, call it, a 'group' project.

I've been yearning for a D web app server for a while, as most of
my day to day work is done on Java EE containers (think
Glassfish, Weblogic, etc. Java Beans, lalala) and the insane
system usage has bothered me from day one.

There's Wt for C++, although I don't see much coming from that,
though the concept is grand. Rust has a few up and coming web
server frameworks as well.

D could really excel here.

-Thoughts? Am I crazy (probably)?