Yes or No Options

Alex via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 27 08:40:55 PDT 2015

Hey guys!

I am super new to programming and still trying to learn the very
basics via a book that I bought.

My problem is the following:

import std.stdio;
import std.string;

void main()
{
	char[] yesno;

	write("Roll the dice: Enter a number!");
	int dieNumber;
	readf(" %s", &dieNumber);

	if (dieNumber < 4) {
	writeln("You won!");
	}
	else if ((dieNumber >= 4) && (dieNumber <= 6)) {
		writeln("I won!");
	}
	else if (dieNumber > 6){
		writeln("ERROR: Invalid Value");
	}

	writeln("Do you want to play again? Y/N?");
	readln(yesno);
	if (yesno == "Y") {
		writeln("Let's go again!");

The program quits after "writeln("Do you want to play again?
Y/N?");"
It ignores readln.

Furthermore: What I am actually trying to do is: If I type "Y",
the programm should just rerun from the beginning.

I am really new to programming and there is probably a much
easier way but this is all I know to this point.

Thanks in advance!