Last call for AliasSeq

Ola Fosheim Gr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 28 00:13:35 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 at 03:59:54 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> There's a bootstrapping problem. It's not even clear what
> "objectivity" means here.

It means there were no technical merits that lead to "Seq". Only
social dynamics and psychology.

> If you want to avoid a bad name, suggest a good one.

Several acceptable ones have been suggested. And the argument
against "AliasTuple" is weak given that you already have an
unusual Tuple and that "Seq" is bound to break consistency.

I don't want to change a name. I want to see a sound design
process that can lead to an enjoyable language.