std.data.json formal review

Etienne Cimon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 28 08:10:31 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 at 15:07:46 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> On 29/07/2015 2:07 a.m., Atila Neves wrote:
>> Start of the two week process, folks.
>>
>> Code: https://github.com/s-ludwig/std_data_json
>> Docs: http://s-ludwig.github.io/std_data_json/
>>
>> Atila
>
> Right now, my view is no.
> Unless there is some sort of proof that it will work with
> allocators.
>
> I have used the code from vibe.d days so its not an issue of
> how well it works nor nit picky. Just can I pass it an
> allocator (optionally) and have it use that for all memory
> usage?
>
> After all, I really would rather be able to deallocate all
> memory allocated during a request then you know, rely on the GC.

I totally agree with that, but shouldn't it be consistent in
Phobos? I don't think it's possible to make an interface for
custom allocators right now, because that question simply hasn't
been ironed out along with std.allocator.

So, anything related to allocators belongs in another thread imo,
and the review process here would be about the actual json
interface