std.data.json formal review

Mathias Lang via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 28 09:25:36 PDT 2015

digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

>  Unless there is some sort of proof that it will work with allocators.
>>
>> I have used the code from vibe.d days so its not an issue of how well it
>> works nor nit picky. Just can I pass it an allocator (optionally) and have
>> it use that for all memory usage?
>>
>> After all, I really would rather be able to deallocate all memory
>> allocated during a request then you know, rely on the GC.
>>

> That's a good point. This is the perfect opportunity to hammer out how
> allocators are going to be integrated into other parts of Phobos.

Allocator is definitely a separate issue. It's a moving target, it's not
yet part of a release, and consequently barely field-tested. We will find
bugs, we might find design mistakes, we might head in a direction which
will turn out to be an anti-pattern (just like `opDispatch` for JSONValue
;) )
It's not to say the quality of the module isn't good - that would mean our
release process is broken -, but making a module inclusion to experimental
dependent on another module in experimental will not improve the quality of
the reviewed module.