force inline/not-inline

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 28 21:26:36 PDT 2015

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:15:58 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> the only thing I can thing of is that true/false are (or have the
> potential to be in this context) expressions, which means one could use
> compile-time logic to specify inlining. The same wouldn't be true of
> arbitrary identifiers.

pragma(inline, "always");
pragma(inline, "never");
pragma(inline, "whatever");

this way argument still can be expression, and compiler is able to test
for correct argument too (for semantic analyzer there is almost no
difference between testing for some given id and for some given string).

yet "that ship has sailed", i think.