Last call for AliasSeq

Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 29 05:40:55 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 at 11:16:29 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 at 14:00:29 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 at 13:26:48 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:

>>> Please reread my post, and then look at your answer again. I
>>> asked for evidence, and you posted your opinion.
>>
>> Again, that's not "my opinion", these are facts, collected
>> everyday in my working room, and I'm just reporting them.
>
> You wrote "I'm fine with ..." and "Please just proceed with
> something TOTALLY different", and not much else. How is this
> anything more than opinion? It is probably based on facts, but
> where is the evidence for these facts?

For sure it's based on facts, but, again and again, I don't have
the burden to prove anything.

>> The problem lays in the "Tuple" word, and in the "Type" word,
>> so just avoid them completely.
>
> This is already a conclusion you drew from the experiences in
> your company. But we have no way of knowing how well these
> conclusions match reality. I don't understand why it's so
> difficult just to recount a few of your experiences. I already
> gave a few examples how this could look:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/ynqxgjekwcgaiywlnmrk@forum.dlang.org
>
> Then everyone can judge for themselves whether your conclusions
> are justified. Given that deadalnix declared this a "repeatable
> experiment", I don't think this is asking too much.
>
> And really, I'm genuinely interested in that. I don't keep
> asking for it just to annoy everyone. And if you can't share
> that information because it involves business secrets, then
> please just say so.

Again, and again, you can try it yourself, it's a repeatable
experiment, as deadalnix said: just try yourself, teach D, and
take your conclusion.

I'm not a contributor, my day it's already made by 30hrs, I can't
simply afford the effort.

>> It is up to you, D developers, to take care of our
>> experiences, as we must teach D, or just ignore them.
>
> We're trying, but you don't share the experiences. You just
> tell us that you want something changed. But that's like going
> to a doctor and asking him to operate on you, instead of
> telling him where you're hurting and giving him the information
> to decide whether you need surgery at all.

I'm trying to understand why you are the doctor and I am the
common man.

So, what kind of experience you have, more than me, in teaching D
to newcomers, turning them in efficient programmers in short time?

I've done my diagnosis, that's my work: I'm a CTO, I earn over
evaluations of technologies.

Feel free to doubt, and feel free to perform all the examinations
you prefer, they are repeatable, and take your conclusion.
---
Paolo