D Web Services Application Potential?

Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 29 07:17:32 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 at 07:30:50 UTC, yawniek wrote:
> In times of reactive frameworks it makes no sense anymore to
> render html in the backend.

Nowadays with the many client-side dom manipulations it is
tempting to just do it all in the client. But in terms of speed
it also makes sense to do an initial render on the server, and
only render the delta's on the client.

On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 at 07:30:50 UTC, yawniek wrote:
> backends/services should concentrate on data transformations
> (and security etc).

Yeah, it makes it easier for frontend development to transform
data into a nice structure.

> in my opinion also the REST style apis will come to an end as
> we can easily have
> stateless apis these days ( 86.62%of browsers have websockets
> already according to http://caniuse.com/#feat=websockets ).

Was a big fan of REST - but since it is hard to aggregate
requests, you end up making too many - so am looking for
alternatives.

When you say stateful, what exactly do you want to keep between
requests?

> The whole ghetto around maintaining state over http for a web
> application is nuts if you think about how native applications
> work.

Care to elaborate?