D Web Services Application Potential?

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 29 09:55:24 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 at 13:22:43 UTC, Etienne Cimon wrote:
> There's a really minimal amount of code on web servers nowadays
> with javascript frameworks and databases doing all the work. I
> actually use the size of a vibe.d application (2mb) to my
> advantage to produce a plugin that will overload certain
> requests on the client's computer (via a windows service or
> launchd daemon and reverse proxy). This allows much more
> extensive use of local resources, which is really untapped way
> of developing web applications at the moment, it really lets
> your imagination fly.

Would you care to give a bit more colour on this?  Sounds very
interesting.  So you have an executable running on client machine
that they need to download and install (fine for a corporate
internal application, I guess)?  And then you serve your
application locally, or from a combination of server and local
url paths?