Read text file fast, how?

Johan Holmberg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 29 10:02:51 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 2015-07-27 14:03, Johan Holmberg via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> The timings running my program normally (not using Instruments now),
>> became as follows with the different versions of dmd:
>>
>> dmd unmodified: 1.59s
>> dmd with change 1): 1.33s
>> dmd with change 1+2): 1.22s
>> C++ using <stdio.h>: 1.13s    (for comparison)
>>

> I recommend you also try using LDC. It has a better optimizer and is using
> native TLS on OS X.
> /Jacob Carlborg

Is there a LDC that incorporates the changes coming in DMD 2.068 that made
my code run 10x faster compared with 2.067? (the one Andrei talked about in
the StackOverflow-link given earlier in this thread:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3089 ).

I have tried "ldc2-0.15.2-beta1-osx-x86_64" and also built LDC from the
Git-archive sources. In both cases I get times around 13s. This is close to
my original "bad" numbers from DMD 2.067 (15s).

I assume I have to wait until there is a LDC using the same Phobos version
as DMD 2.068 uses.

/johan