std.data.json formal review

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 29 16:34:50 PDT 2015

On 7/29/2015 11:51 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I guess I'm finding it difficult to picture a JSON structure as a range. How
> would the following JSON be returned as a range?
>
> {
>    "a": 1,
> }

It if was returned as a range of nodes, it would be:

    Object, string, number, string, array, number, number, end, string, object,
string, number, end, end

If was returned as a Value, then you could ask the value to return a range of nodes.

A container is not a range, although it may offer a way to get range that
iterates over its contents.