D Web Services Application Potential?

Ola Fosheim Gr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 29 22:50:55 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 03:56:25 UTC, Brandon Ragland wrote:
> Regarding JavaScript being slower, this benchmark[1] seems to
> indicate that on average, JavaScript on V8 is at-least 4X
> slower than a g++ compiled native package. It also appears to
> use anywhere from 2-4X as much memory.

I think speed optimized javascript is at 50% of regular non-SIMD
C. Javascript suffers when you use high level constructs and
convenience frameworks, but so does C++ (which is why people
don't use them). It will probably take a long time for javascript
to get proper cross browser SIMD support though...

When you get rid of IE9 the real bottleneck to combat is the C++
browser runtime, reflow and "random delays" etc.

Memory usage/performance are issues you can limit by using typed
arrays/free lists. But the browser impose limitations on memory
usage...