Last call for AliasSeq

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 30 00:39:39 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 04:20:41 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> type exists in the latter system. D does not have a design that
> is as principled as that of the systems you draw inspiration
> from.

I'm not drawing inspiration from anywhere. I'm talking about how
the term "sequence"/"seq" is commonly used both in CS literature
and elsewhere: a list of related values.

synonyms: «succession, order, course, series, chain,
concatenation, train, string, cycle, progression»

If you want do design a language that is pleasant to deal with
you need to be consistent and principled both when it comes to
naming and to semantics.

If "sequence" is to be understood as a compile time list of
random shit with a flattening constructor and auto expansion,
then you prevent sensible and consistent use of the term in other
contexts.