Last call for AliasSeq

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 30 07:28:07 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 09:45:31 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 07/30/2015 09:39 AM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
> <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
>> On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 04:20:41 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>>> type exists in the latter system. D does not have a design
>>> that is as
>>> principled as that of the systems you draw inspiration from.
>
> Don't garble quotes like that. Thanks.

No garbling. I quote as little as possible per Usenet convention.

[…on principled design and consistency…]

> Well, D fails here.

I think D is at a decent position, and I don't judge a language
based on its libraries, so Phobos itself is inconsequential.
When DMD shifts to D it might become an interesting starting
point for experimentation as I think a compiler is a task for
which the current D language is well suited.

> Note that I don't have an agenda here. I'm not going to use any
> library primitive for this that uses more than 3 characters
> anyway and I am not teaching D to anyone.

Ok, so let's drop it.  I am merely supporting the OP's viewpoint
that "sequence" is the less suitable name…