std.data.json formal review

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 30 12:43:40 PDT 2015

On 7/30/2015 9:58 AM, Brad Anderson wrote:
> If we can't have the minimal necessary module paths then I'm completely in favor
> of parseJSONStream over the more general parseStream. I want that "json" in
> there one way or another (preferably by the method which makes it optional while
> maintaining brevity).

I would think it unlikely to be parsing two different formats in one file. But
in any case, you can always do this:

    import std.data.json : parseJSON = parse;

Or put the import in a scope:

    void doNaughtyThingsWithJson()
    {
        import std.data.json;
        x.parse();
    }

The latter seems to be becoming the preferred D style.