force inline/not-inline

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 30 13:37:56 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 18:41:51 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> OK, that is what I first thought. Then I thought it meant that
> for that function, it works as if -inline was passed on the
> command line (i.e. try to inline if possible, if not, don't
> worry about it). So you are saying the first interpretation is
> correct?
>
> That means pragma(inline) is essentially useless.

Well, if pragmas work with : like attributes (I don't know if
they do), then pragma(inline) would be a way to undo a
pragma(inline, true) or pragma(inline, false) on specific
functions, similar to how many folks want !final or final(false)
after using final:, but if : doesn't work with pragmas, then
yeah, it's totally useless.

- Jonathan M Davis