What is the current status of D build systems?

Yuxuan Shui via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 30 17:13:40 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm working on a project that mixes both C and D code, and does
code generation as well.

I've been using a shell script to hack this together, since I
can't figure out how to do this with dub.

Now I'm looking for a proper build system for building this
project. reggae (https://github.com/atilaneves/reggae) seems to
be promising, but it has bugs with indirect dependencies and
failed to build my project. I have come across cmake-d and a
modified version of cmake
(https://github.com/trentforkert/cmake). I haven't tested them
yet, because neither of them is updated recently, and I don't
know if I should invest time in them.

So I want to know what is the current status of those build
systems? Are they abandoned or still actively developed? And are
there any other build systems I should look into?

Thanks.

---
Regards,
Yuxuan Shui