What is the current status of D build systems?

Steven Dwy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 31 08:02:37 PDT 2015

On Friday, 31 July 2015 at 00:13:42 UTC, Yuxuan Shui wrote:
> I have come across cmake-d and a modified version of cmake
> (https://github.com/trentforkert/cmake). I haven't tested them
> yet, because neither of them is updated recently, and I don't
> know if I should invest time in them.

I'm not sure about cmake-d. I think dcarp stated somewhere that
he wasn't actively using D any more, or something to that effect.

The fork of CMake is still active. Trentforkert said he is just
waiting for things to progress in the D ecosystem before
continuing work. (Mostly related to shared libraries.)

If you're willing to build and use the fork (it's actually really
easy,) then you can use the CMake generator I wrote for dub a few
months back. Simply run `dub generate cmake` and it will spit out
build scripts for your project and all of its dependencies.