D for Android

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 31 09:43:46 PDT 2015

On Friday, 31 July 2015 at 04:45:30 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> So how far off are we in having a D Android stack?

Depends what you mean, native apps do not have access to the
Android GUI and some other APIs, which are only available through
Java, ie JNI.  So if you simply mean running all of D on Android,
not far, a couple more modules to fix and one important GC issue,
as I mentioned.  If you mean GUI and those other Java APIs,
OpenGL is available now but I haven't messed with JNI yet, doubt
it'll be a problem though.

> With full redistribution support on dlang.org.

Not sure what you mean by redistribution, the Android NDK?  If
you just mean distributing a D cross-compiler for Android/ARM,
shouldn't take long to fix these remaining issues, but it all
depends on how many people pitch in.