What is the current status of D build systems?

Trent Forkert via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 31 15:40:24 PDT 2015

On Friday, 31 July 2015 at 00:13:42 UTC, Yuxuan Shui wrote:
> I have come across cmake-d and a modified version of cmake
> (https://github.com/trentforkert/cmake).

Oh hey, that's me!

> I haven't tested them yet, because neither of them is
> updated recently, and I don't know if I should invest time
> in them.

I've got a handful of work-in-progress changes I've yet to push
publicly, and even more I've yet to commit. (Yes, I have weird
work habits.)

> So I want to know what is the current status of those build
> systems?

I'm still around, and I fix bugs when they get in my way or
someone else complains.

> Are they abandoned

No. Neglected, but not abandoned.

> or still actively developed?

If I can find the time (and the files, which hopefully survived a
recent Linux distro-switch), I'll see about cleaning up and
publishing the additional changes I have soon, and getting things
on to a more recent version of CMake.

As Steven Dwy said, I put the project on a bit of a hiatus while
waiting for shared lib support to be ironed out (specifically,
the behavior of `export`). Part of my unpublished changes
includes a change that renders my previous concerns on that front
solved regardless of what becomes of `export`. I would still like
to be able to run tests for building shared libraries, and I
won't even consider upstreaming until I can. Like I said though,
I'll deal with bug reports if you file them.

  - Trent Forkert