What is the current status of D build systems?

lobo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 31 17:49:36 PDT 2015

On Friday, 31 July 2015 at 23:59:07 UTC, Yuxuan Shui wrote:
> On Friday, 31 July 2015 at 22:40:25 UTC, Trent Forkert wrote:
>> On Friday, 31 July 2015 at 00:13:42 UTC, Yuxuan Shui wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Oh hey, that's me!
>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> I've got a handful of work-in-progress changes I've yet to
>> push publicly, and even more I've yet to commit. (Yes, I have
>> weird work habits.)
>>
>> [...]
>
> Hi, I just want to let you know I've tried to build my project
> with your cmake fork, and it worked like a charm :)
>
> Good to hear it's still alive. Let's hope the situation about
> shared libraries can improve and you can move on.
>

>> [...]

I use CMake on mixed C/D projects and dub for D-only projects. On
one project I'm using CMake to invoke dub to keep the D libs up
to date and no another I invoke CMake from dub to build the C
cruft.

I find both work extremely well and are much better than shell
scripts or plain Makefile bashing.

bye,
lobo