Why aren't you using D at work?

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 00:32:12 PDT 2015

"Chris" <wendlec at tcd.ie> writes:
> 2. [high priority]
> Uncertainty regarding ARM (iOS/Android). Deal breaker, show
> stopper. Was worrying a few years ago, but is just bad now in 2015.

It is a little better now :-)

Maybe you can help Chris.  I don't develop for mobile so I don't know
that dev environment and what is needed for D to be useful in that
world.  So far for iOS we have armv7 support, all of phobos except
libcurl.  What isn't there yet is iOS sim support (coming soon), arm64
support, and nice Xcode integration.

I though it might help if I added a demo app based on Allegro 5.

https://github.com/smolt/ldc-iphone-dev

There is a list of TODOs at the bottom of the project readme.  Want to
add anything?  Also, issues can be filed, pull requests.
--
Dan