Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 03:24:46 PDT 2015

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 05:05:20 +0000, Brad Anderson wrote:

> dub is about making it easy for 99% of users. If you need your own build
> system then using dub just to download packages is overkill. Use git
> submodules or add something to do a download of your dependencies from
> github as part of your custom build system.

now you killed dub for "normal" GNU/Linux programmer.

dub as a build tool sux. no need to discuss that, it simply sux.

and now you killed the only sensible way to use it: as package manager.

that's why, for example, i never considered adding anything to dub
repository: that repository is completely useless for me. and other
people who aren't use dub to build their projects will ignore dub
repository too.