Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

extrawurst via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 05:34:46 PDT 2015

On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 12:24:18 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>>> dub as a build tool sux. no need to discuss that, it simply
>>> sux.
>>
>> why do you think it sucks ?
>
> dub is a good package manager, but it's not a good build
> system. For small projects that just want to list dependencies
> and have it build, it's sufficient. Any larger project will
> have needs that won't be easily solved by using dub. Which is
> why I wrote my own.
>
> Atila

Hi Atila,

you are talking about cross language builds ?
Other than that limitation, what do you miss ?
I have a couple of rather sizable projects running with dub
without problems and one could argue vibe.d is a pretty big
project too which works fine.

The D community already suffered enough from not uniting
workforces behind at least SOME standards (hint at tango), a
plethora of options for newcomers to choose from for basics like
building is also daunting IMHO.

Stephan