Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 06:11:42 PDT 2015

On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 10:24:46 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> and now you killed the only sensible way to use it: as package
> manager.

I don't care for it as a package manager either because it is too
complex. As you know, I like to do my things as individual files.
I don't go through the pain of making a new github repo with a
gigantic folder layout for every little thing.

One of the things I really like about D is how modules are
encapsulated into individual files. The code is there, the
documentation is there, the tests are there. No separate headers
or anything else.

The only package management scheme I'd even consider using is one
that has a per-file option... and even then, I probably wouldn't
bother because individual files are so easy to manage anyway that
downloading a new program to use them doesn't exceed the
"existing option is good enough for me" threshold.

But even if I don't use it myself, it would be kinda nice if the
repository could handle my files just so I can toss it up there
and not have to answer questions about that anymore. I'd be
willing to add them all individually to the repo, even listing
the dependencies manually if I had to (tip: make this a web form
that I can just submit to add stuff to it, no json upload)....
but I'm not willing to separate my little repo into 25 other
repos and separate my folder into 125 other folders to be added
to it.