Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 07:09:31 PDT 2015

On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 13:11:43 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> The only package management scheme I'd even consider using is
> one that has a per-file option... and even then, I probably
> wouldn't bother because individual files are so easy to manage
> anyway that downloading a new program to use them doesn't
> exceed the "existing option is good enough for me" threshold.

What happens when you find a bug in your library? Then every user
has new work to do to merge the changes. With DUB you don't do a
thing for patch versions in user code. _This provide a way to
warn your users and make them upgrade_. This is the main interest
of DUB.

You could use git submodule for that, but not everyone use git,
and not everyone want to search commit logs for the right version.