Working on new binary serialization module for phobos (hopefully)

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 07:45:20 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-01 14:52, Sean Campbell wrote:
> I've been working on a new serialization module for Phobos and its only
> reliant on 4 Phobos modules
> it is available at
> https://github.com/sycam0inc/phobos/blob/master/std/experimental/serialization.d
>

> I would like some feedback on it

I had a quick look at the code. Based on that and how short the code is
I'm guessing it lacks some features.

I've been working on a serialization package for Phobos for a long time.
Basically moving Orange [1] in to Phobos.

My serialization library supports:

* Fully automatic serialization
* Serializing non-public fields
* Serializing without registering types (except when serialized through
a base class reference)
* Serializing third party types
* Custom serialization, both intrusive and no-intrusive
* Tracking of references, pointers and arrays to only serialize the data
once
* Properly restores arrays and slices
* Separate front end (serializer) from back end (archiver/format)
* Deserializing of classes without default constructor

[1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange

--
/Jacob Carlborg