Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 13:06:44 PDT 2015

> rdmd could collect dependencies while performing the actual
> compilation. Then, if the dependencies are stable (compare with
> the saved ones), all done in one run. Otherwise, discard the
> output and rebuild.

I wrote a silly tool that gathers dependencies as it compiles.
Essentially, it calls dmd -v and parses the result as rdmd does.
The net effect is something akin to gcc's -MF -MD combo.

It's part of the build system I keep pestering everyone about. I
had to write it because Ninja depends on it for proper dependency
tracking. Make needs it too, but the Makefile code I have to
generate is best not looked at. Make's fault, not mine.

Atila