Daily downloads in decline

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 14:42:37 PDT 2015

On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 18:11:32 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> 2. It's an equally big bummer that "This Week in D" failed to
> be there on Sunday night. I completely understand Adam's
> overhead, what with his still traveling and all, but the bottom
> line is if it's not every Sunday it's not steady and if it's
> not steady it's not. Again, in retrospect it seems we need
> backup plans for when the protagonist of whatever important
> activity is unable to carry it. Who'd like to double Adam on
> this?

It is true that I'm extra busy this week (I return from Utah
tomorrow, still out here visiting all my peeps), yesterday I was
on the computer for about one hour total.. but it is also that
this week is a gigantic special edition - I'm writing up
summaries of all the talks, pointing out important take-aways,
and commenting on various between-talk conversations.

Alas, this takes a while to write too, I might finish tonight but
might not. It'll be worth it though.

However, I don't intend to post it without this written up. The
piecemeal dconf releases on reddit last year were pretty much a
complete failure. The biggest comments they attracted were people
complaining that it was taking too long!