Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 22:03:00 PDT 2015

On 06/01/2015 03:59 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

>> rdmd could collect dependencies while performing the actual compilation.
>> Then, if the dependencies are stable (compare with the saved ones), all
>> done in one run. Otherwise, discard the output and rebuild.
>>

> Hmm, actually, that's a good idea.
>
>> This can be implemented today. Would you want to work on it?
>>

> I've gotten rusty on RDMD's internals, but I'll take a look, see what I
> can manage.

Unfortunately, I've hit a bit of a problem: "dmd -v" doesn't emit an
"import  module_name (path/to)" line for imports that were provided on
the command line.

Aside from the minor issue of it complicating parts of the code, this
makes it impossible (AFAICT) to distinguish between "the deps have not
changed" vs "a former dep is no longer imported and should no longer be
compiled".