Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 01:09:47 PDT 2015

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 13:11:42 +0000, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> One of the things I really like about D is how modules are encapsulated
> into individual files. The code is there, the documentation is there,
> the tests are there. No separate headers or anything else.

i like this too.

> But even if I don't use it myself, it would be kinda nice if the
> repository could handle my files just so I can toss it up there and not
> have to answer questions about that anymore. I'd be willing to add them
> all individually to the repo, even listing the dependencies manually if
> I had to (tip: make this a web form that I can just submit to add stuff
> to it, no json upload).... but I'm not willing to separate my little
> repo into 25 other repos and separate my folder into 125 other folders
> to be added to it.

yep. i don't feel like splitting my IV repo to alot of individual
repositories. quite the contrary, i'm moving modules from separate
repositories to IV when they are ready. some of IV things are perfectly
usable with vanilla, so they can go to code.dlang.org, but... but there
is no way to do that now.