Premake officially gains D support

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 01:22:57 PDT 2015

Perhaps of interest, I have been maintaining D support in Premake for
years (as an extension).
It was finally merged into mainline... so Premake now officially
supports D out-of-the-box. Huzzah!

What is Premake I hear you ask?
It's a project gen, more-or-less like cmake and friends, except that
it's favoured by the gamedev industry, mainly because it better
expresses and supports multi-platform builds, and also supports
Windows environments much better than popular linux build solutions.
I also find it much easier and more concise to script and express my
build environment than cmake or alike.

Premake can produce quality D makefiles, and it also has comprehensive
support for Visual Studio (VisualD), and MonoDevelop (Mono-D).
I use Premake extensively for cross-language builds, since it can
integrate C/C++ and D code very nicely.

The recent dub discussions have made me start questioning how I might
integrate dub support...

Curious to know if anyone here uses Premake, or cares...?