Uphill

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 02:18:27 PDT 2015

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 11:10:09 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> But I think web browsers are slowly moving towards a situation where you
> soon can make sensible games in webgl + asm.js using home-made engines
> using "native javascript" (basically javascript targetting LLVM IR) or
> pnacl (LLVM IR).  So the distinction between native and non-native is
> getting blurred.

this whole thing is complete disaster. instead of designing a simple
virtual machine with well-defined commands, they keep uglifying already
ugly js. this is so bad that i believe that we will live with that for
many years (really, i see that the worst technology with as many ugliness
one can stuff into it usually wins; that "web shit" is ugly enough).