Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 07:00:10 PDT 2015

On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 01:48:13 +1200, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

> Nope, it can be just another function call.
>
> ------
> auto something(string text);
>
> @something("...")
> void another() {
>
> }
> ------
>
> Where something is specified on the compiler side.
> UDA's + static assert imply compile time literals, which is what we
> want.

for me UDA syntax that actually calling some function seems
counterintuitive. like "well, i know that it's a simple declaration...
WUT?! how it managed to execute the code?!"

> I think we want something very similar. We just haven't quite merged our
> ideas just yet.

yes, seems that it's the same goal, but slightly different approaches. i
think i should do a draft for API and write some explanations first, so
it can be discussed in details. 'cause now i have a foggy picture in my
head which is hard to describe.