Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 11:54:25 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 07:02:50 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-06-01 18:56, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> Though it is hard to invent a package management for
>> interpreted
>> language that is not insane. It is much better with native
>> ones because
>> runtime dependencies are separated from development
>> dependencies.
>
> Rubygems supports development dependencies.

You must have though of different "development dependencies". I
don't mean tools and stuff like that but all sorts of small
static libraries (in native compilation world). With scripting
language this unavoidably propagates on the end user unless you
merge all deps into your sources inline for distribution (which
no one does).