D gets namechecked in the Unity blog

Meta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 12:03:38 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 18:58:48 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 18:41:47 UTC, Tim Keating wrote:
>> For immutability support, of all things:
>> http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/06/02/how-we-do-fast-and-efficient-yaml-merging/
>>
>> Seems someone over there is a D fan.
>
> D's immutable, pure, etc are among the 'killer features' of D,
> in my opinion. IIRC Carmack wrote an article about this and
> heavily referenced D throughout on how D got it right.

I would say he *heavily* references D, but he does mention it in
a blog post he wrote:

"It seems like there is a sound case for a pure keyword in future
C/C++ standards.  There are close parallels with const – an
optional qualifier that allows compile time checking of
programmer intention and will never hurt, and could often help,
code generation.  The D programming language does offer a pure
keyword:  http://www.d-programming-language.org/function.html
Note their distinction between weak and strong purity – you need
to also have const input references and pointers to be strongly
pure."