Uphill

weaselcat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 2 15:38:46 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 11:26:06 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at 10:18:59 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 09:44:24 +0000, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
>>
>>> Thankfully mobile OSes and desktop app stores seem to be on
>>> the right
>>> track to kill this.
>>
>> yet they pushing cromeos and firefoxos...
>
> FirefoxOS is going nowhere.
>
> http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/mozilla-overhauls-firefox-smartphone-plan-to-focus-on-quality-not-cost/
>
> As for Chromebooks, at least in Germany they are gathering dust
> on the few stores that bother to try to sell them.
>
> They might be on the Amazon US top charts, but I bet most of
> its users are GNU/Linux users, wiping ChromeOS and using
> GNU/Linux instead.

They're insanely popular, especially in educational environments.
They do everything 98% of modern computer users do, which is
generally check email, browse facebook, and use twitter.

my local public highschool ordered 800-some of them instead of
upgrading their ipads(???), which would have cost far, far more.
AFAIK they got the cool thinkpad versions.